There are many benefits for choosing to appoint a bookkeeper. I have listed 10 reaons below:
1. Free you and your key personnel up to focus on your core business.
2. Save you money. A contract bookkeeper is significantly more efficient at dealing with bookkeeping issues and accounting software. This efficiency means the cost of you performing your own bookkeeping is likely to be higher. The opportunity cost (due to your time being spent on bookkeeping) may be significant again.
3. Offer you the ability to tap into a knowledge base not available internally.
4. Give you peace of mind knowing that you have complied with your legislative obligations.
5. Enable efficient dealings with the Tax Office, including lodgements.
6. Improve your financial reporting abilities, thus improving your access to key information with which to run your business.
7. Allow you to leverage the bookkeeper’s software knowledge, ensuring that you’re using the best software applications for your business.
8. Streamline your accountant’s role by providing them with better information, which in turn saves you more money.
9. Give you access to specialist services including payroll, software installation & training, debtor management, cash flow planning, management reporting, and troubleshooting.
10. Provide better continuity of service when compared with casual employees, and a flexible service that can be readily scaled up or down, ensuring you only pay for what you are using.